Welp that just happened

What do you think of the update?  

30 members have voted

1. 1. What do you think of the update?

• It's great
    • I liked it before
    • Who cares

Guess the forums just got updated.....

I guess it looks alright, time to go exploring it I guess.

Edited by NanoSpace

5 minutes ago, James_Miller said:

its great, now they can just create the game without people asking all 5 minutes "When will the game be released"

I'm talking about the update to the forums the devs just did

I'm honestly not sure what to think of this. I can see what they were trying to do; by making it look - perhaps - a bit "cleaner/smoother" looking? However, I REALLY dislike the giant white headings on the boards now, it makes it look worse in my own, personal opinion. It makes it look a bit uglier.

As for reactions, I feel like they are attempting to copy Facebook in some way and I can definitely see people abusing the "Haha" reaction to annoy people by leaving "Haha" reactions on random, serious posts.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

I'm honestly not sure what to think of this. I can see what they were trying to do; by making it look - perhaps - a bit "cleaner/smoother" looking? However, I REALLY dislike the giant white headings on the boards now, it makes it look worse in my own, personal opinion. It makes it look a bit uglier.

As for reactions, I feel like they are attempting to copy Facebook in some way and I can definitely see people abusing the "Haha" reaction to annoy people by leaving "Haha" reactions on random, serious posts.

From what I've been able to notice, the like function has changed to "reaction" and it looks alright, and I can't stand the white headers with a shadow effect, it's so freaking hard to look at and read. Truthfully I don't care as much with the reaction, but the white borders just look terrible.

24 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

Something I also just noticed which is probably a bug, but when you go onto a profile and the person has reacted or replied to a post it does something like this: "NanoSpace replied to NanoSpace's topic in The Town Square <span style='font-size:0.7em'>(General)</span>"

Can some of you tell me if this happens to you to?

Edited by NanoSpace
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, NanoSpace said:

OMG The mobile forums is so horrible. I have no idea what the devs are thinking.

Just checked it just now. The main page of the forums looks alright. Did they change the font on it? I think it actually looks better! But inside of an actual thread (like this one) looks absolutely terrible!

6 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

Just checked it just now. The main page of the forums looks alright. Did they change the font on it? I think it actually looks better! But inside of an actual thread (like this one) looks absolutely terrible!

Yeah, inside the thread is what I'm talking about, I hope they fix this, this seems so accidental and unfinished.

7 minutes ago, NanoSpace said:

Yeah, inside the thread is what I'm talking about, I hope they fix this, this seems so accidental and unfinished.

I'm on the Discord and someone said "John" (who is John?) is "fiddling" around with it. It was just a random person though so I'm not sure how reliable that info is.

Edited by BrianHamilton

i might be missing something but the forums page still looks the same to me. however i just came on to see if anyone was bitching about how much longer we have to wait lol

11 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

I'm on the Discord and someone said "John" (who is John?) is "fiddling" around with it. It was just a random person though so I'm not sure how reliable that info is.

John is @Paratus

5 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

It appears to be fixed, @NanoSpace and @Frostybeans, however, the font style seems to have changed if you look at our names on the left.

On mobile or desktop? Currently on my phone

1 hour ago, BrianHamilton said:

Ah, I didn't know that :o

Both?

oh nice, looks like they fixed up some of the header problems :)

1 hour ago, NanoSpace said:

oh nice, looks like they fixed up some of the header problems :)

Nvm. Using mobile now and it’s still white/shadow.

5 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

Nvm. Using mobile now and it’s still white/shadow.

I'm sure it was just an error and they're fixing it

7 minutes ago, Orbiit said:

I could care less about minor adjustments to the forum lol

Yet you bothered to comment on a thread about it. Good job, you screwed yourself there :D

Also, "I could care less" implies that you do care or at least a little bit.

• Like 1

So I'm checking out the mobile version of the forums again to see if it looks better, and it looks so bad, I don't think the devs have looked at the mobile version after updating because if they did they would fix this....

If you want to know what I'm talking about go take a look.

Edited by NanoSpace

So I'm checking out the mobile version of the forums again to see if it looks better, and it looks so bad, I don't think the devs have looked at the mobile version after updating because if they did they would fix this....

Poking @BentBot! He's our web guy.

He's in yelling range of me but it's easier to just do this because lazy.

• Like 2

They'll probably update it soon but when you use your phone horizontally it's not that bad!

5 minutes ago, GoldenPancake said:

They'll probably update it soon but when you use your phone horizontally it's not that bad!

Yeah, also noticed that too, guess I can make that work for now till they fix portrait

7 minutes ago, Paratus said:

Poking @BentBot! He's our web guy.

He's in yelling range of me but it's easier to just do this because lazy.

Thanks, will go shout across the room for you the ?