Xilvius

Regulation Lobbyists

As the CEO and Founder of The Fair Market Merchant Bureau, I will be employing several persons to fill lobbyist positions immediately. The sustainability of the economy is tantamount to the sustainability of life itself. 

Without the proper regulations a "free capitalist market" becomes a volitile pulpit of price gouging that can only be considered hazardous to a flourishing economy that benefits everyone. 

All those interested in becoming lobbyists in support of the FMMB should send me a message with the following information:

Player name:

In-game name:

Thoughts on the FMMB:

Reasoning on why you want to join:

Convince me to hire you in one paragraph or less:

The FMMB is an equal-opportunity employeer. 

Mr. Crowley -CEO Fair Market Merchant Bureau

Fair Market Merchant Bureau

Edited by Xilvius

With the mindset of not allowing free market and making all things to where people are equal in worth, making rich and poor separation very slight how do you allow fairness? Some people try harder and get rich, others don't and end up falling short. It's not fun being poor, but it's fair. That's free market, right?

We endorse free open markets. What we do not endorse nor support is an unregulated market. We provide strict regulation on a determined "fair market price" to maintain a stimulated economy. For more information on how we are currently planning on doing this please view our business plan Here

When the markets are unregulated you will witness what can only be described as legal extortion to the lower income classes. 

While simultainiously allowing a venue for criminals to launder their goods or services. 

It is essential to the livelyhood of us all to ensure the market is regulated for the stability and growth of a flourishing economy.

16 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

With the mindset of not allowing free market and making all things to where people are equal in worth, making rich and poor separation very slight how do you allow fairness? Some people try harder and get rich, others don't and end up falling short. It's not fun being poor, but it's fair. That's free market, right?

In specific response, we aren't concerned with who is trying to get rich, we are concerned with people extorting prices beyond reason. If you want to make more money, sell more/higher quality/unique products.

6 minutes ago, Xilvius said:

In specific response, we aren't concerned with who is trying to get rich, we are concerned with people extorting prices beyond reason. If you want to make more money, sell more/higher quality/unique products.

If items are priced to high, too low, etc. then the people won't buy them and find another seller. That's how it's regulated. The people's demand regulates nearly everything.

16 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

Regulations and some sort of business laws makes since, though I don't those limitations and so forth.

Not only does it make sense, it is a requirement of a successful economy. We aren't seeking to make everything cheap, we are seeking to assure merchants aren't raising their prices to unreasonable prices. Our policies are very fluid currently and will solidify rapidly as things progress and we obtain government backing as an official regulation office.

Edited by Xilvius

7 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

If items are priced to high, too low, etc. then the people won't buy them and find another seller. That's how it's regulated. The people's demand regulates nearly everything.

Not if the merchants all agree to price the same items high. That is called price fixing and it happens more times than you would care to believe. Things like that are exactly why the markets MUST be regulated in some fashion.

Edited by Xilvius
Typo

The FMMB will always be on the side of the general populous. We work for the people to verify, with mathematical fact, that they are being treated fairly by their merchants. I'm sure you could easily ask anyone if they would rather buy something from an unregulated merchant, or be verified by government they are, in fact, getting a fair deal. The conclusion you rapidly begin to come to is obvious, as is the requirement of a regulatory office such as mine.

Even if the FMMB cannot obtain government backing we will still be operating with any and all willing merchants participating in our organizations program. We will be outreaching the community with advertisement campaigns to assure the majority of shopping is done at our regulated merchants' establishments.

19 minutes ago, Xilvius said:

The FMMB will always be on the side of the general populous. We work for the people to verify, with mathematical fact, that they are being treated fairly by their merchants. I'm sure you could easily ask anyone if they would rather buy something from an unregulated merchant, or be verified by government they are, in fact, getting a fair deal. The conclusion you rapidly begin to come to is obvious, as is the requirement of a regulatory office such as mine.

Even if the FMMB cannot obtain government backing we will still be operating with any and all willing merchants participating in our organizations program. We will be outreaching the community with advertisement campaigns to assure the majority of shopping is done at our regulated merchants' establishments.

Work with me PRIVATELY to build regulations and we'll see about that government backing!

On 10/30/2017 at 12:11 PM, LuciousTimes said:

Some people try harder and get rich, others don't and end up falling short. It's not fun being poor, but it's fair. That's free market, right?

The free market is a good meme until you have massive monopolies controlling industries, and destroying competition.

You can look at the lassiez faire 19/20th century Great Britain for as to why regulation is needed to control a free market from getting out of hand.

On 10/30/2017 at 12:11 PM, LuciousTimes said:

With the mindset of not allowing free market and making all things to where people are equal in worth

No. That's not what regulation on the free market means. At all.

EDIT:

Forgot- U.S. steel industry of the early 1900's is a better example. 

Edited by SupremeLeader

7 hours ago, SupremeLeader said:

No. That's not what regulation on the free market means. At all.

I think misread me here a bit. I was saying if you don't allow free market and do as he plans everyone will be equal...which isn't fair!

18 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

everyone will be equal...which isn't fair!

Equal in what sense? Economically equal? Equality in opportunity? 

Elaborate.

6 hours ago, SupremeLeader said:

Equal in what sense? Economically equal? Equality in opportunity? 

Elaborate.

Economically!

11 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

Economically!

In what way does regulation on the free market lead to economic equality?

I was saying complete regulations, without any type of free market! That makes everyone equal economically!

3 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

I was saying complete regulations, without any type of free market! That makes everyone equal economically!

But that's not at all what @Xilvius was proposing...