• Radical Democratic Left Party (RDLP) ~ Maurice Clinton
    • The Front Nationals Party (FN) ~ FrancePourLaVie
    • The Democratic Realist Party (DRP) ~ Jack Lester
    • The People's Party (PP) ~ No Candidate
    • Thomas Hetch (HETCH)
    • Bobby Cruz (CRUZ)
    • Gene Smith (SMITH)
    • The Unified Party ~ No Candidate

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/03/2017 at 04:20 PM

8 minutes ago, slovaceck said:

I understand what you are trying to say, but you can't simply remove someone from a poll because their competitors complain about them. A different analogy would be a referee of a sports game ejecting a whole team because their opponents complain that they do not play the "right way". I don't get what justifies the parties being allowed to eliminate a potential candidate. In the real world you can't eliminate a candidate because he isn't serious enough.

You know what, I'm not in any mood to stress out about this situation, with my studies in full effect right now I can't be continuing to go back and forth on this, they fixed their problems so I've added them to the poll again.

5 minutes ago, NanoSpace said:

You know what, I'm not in any mood to stress out about this situation, with my studies in full effect right now I can't be continuing to go back and forth on this, they fixed their problems so I've added them to the poll again.

Thank you! 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, slovaceck said:

I was not trying to be offensive, apologies if I was. I just don't understand how you can call this a serious poll if you remove a political party because you receive complaints from their competitors. How is that in any way serious? If they decide to run and people start voting for them, you cannot stop them from running or prevent them from winning because their competitors start complaining about them. That would be like the moderators removing all the other Security Firm's posts in the business thread because I complain about them not being as serious as I am about the game. 

You have a lot of power here, and I appreciate what you are doing with it, I think this will go far. 

Just remember that he is not removing them from the ballot, but instead, it's an independent polling company. If they wish to only have certain candidates they may. It just means that they are biased and it's your choice if you want to follow what the polling station does. The criteria being entirely set by them. It is not a government-run "neutral" service. Just wanted to clarify that.  

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LuciousTimes said:

Role playing...calling someone insane is pretty disrespectful!  Wouldn't expect that from you! 

Brian Hamilton disrespectful?? Never!

7 minutes ago, ColeBarron said:

That behavior from him has never been seen publicly, only recently have I seen him moved outside of the more professional persona!

9 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

That behavior from him has never been seen publicly, only recently have I seen him moved outside of the more professional persona!

Perhaps the ever increasing gap in the polls is stressing him out. Maybe he should be removed from the polls and not be taken seriously with that kind of behavior! With these kinds of outbursts, what can we expect with him in office? 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, ColeBarron said:

Perhaps the ever increasing gap in the polls is stressing him out. Maybe he should be removed from the polls and not be taken seriously with that kind of behavior! With these kinds of outbursts, what can we expect with him in office? 

Within the real world, a political party is expected to possess a Constitution and a platform in order to be accepted within a nation-state. Thus, "The Union Party" did not meet the qualifications to function as a political party at that time, until the subject had decided to apply policies to the organization.

Hamilton, on the other hand, remains qualified to run for an election despite his behaviours considering that the party had managed to at least fulfill the minimum requirements towards being registered within Identity Island.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Within the real world, a political party is expected to possess a Constitution and a platform in order to be accepted within a nation-state. Thus, "The Union Party" did not meet the qualifications to function as a political party at that time, until the subject had decided to apply policies to the organization.

Hamilton, on the other hand, remains qualified to run for an election despite his behaviours considering that the party had managed to at least fulfill the minimum requirements towards being registered within Identity Island.

Oh I agree with you 100%. I was just having a little fun on this dreary morning. I understand that he is qualified to run, and I have no issue with him being in the polls. :) 

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, ColeBarron said:

48 minutes ago, LuciousTimes said:

Okay, so let's clarify some things and quickly get them discussed and out of the way since it does need to be talked about.

• I understand that there are people who enjoy roleplaying in general as their "spirit animal" and identify as "furrys" and that is perfectly okay. If that's just what you enjoy doing, that is perfectly fine. There's no issue there. However, there is an issue in taking it to the next level and continuing to act as a talking, bipedal lion. I wouldn't necessarily feel safe under the power of a Governor who takes being a furry into his work as Governor of the entire island. At home and in your personal life is fine, but bringing it to the podium is a bit too much.

• I do not feel that my behaviour was in any way "disrespectful". Perhaps "insane" was a tad too harsh, I'll admit, however, my point still stands as mentioned above.

• @LuciousTimes, I'm not sure which "behaviour" you are regarding. I am a very sociable person and so, unless the topic of discussion is political-based and/or in regards to the candidacy race, I will act as any other person would and discuss in a more sociable and less professional manner as I would, in that moment, be acting solely as a citizen and not as both a citizen and a candidate.

42 minutes ago, ColeBarron said:

As I believe I have mentioned before, I only began informing supporters of this poll a day or two ago and have not put as much effort into encouraging my following into placing a vote for an unofficial poll as I have done reaching out to smaller businesses and entrepreneurs as I believe that all law-abiding businesses deserve a chance at becoming successful and I highly encourage our younger entrepreneurs to use their imagination, creation and business-skills to help fuel our economy.

19 minutes ago, ColeBarron said:

Oh I agree with you 100%. I was just having a little fun on this dreary morning. I understand that he is qualified to run, and I have no issue with him being in the polls. :) 

Also, although I am very much aware by your most recent post that you were simply, as you say "having fun", I must point out that in regards to "outbursts", as already stated in this post, I am a very sociable man but most importantly, I can be very friendly and approachable. That was the furthest thing from an outburst, it was something which needed to be said. I won't repeat myself but you can find my statement on Mr. Times within the first paragraph of this post.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, DLimit said:

Much appreciated and you are entirely correct.

I would also like to add, as I feel necessary, that I was willing to have a mature discussion with the leader of the Unified party and even complimented him on his recent increase in effort and work done to his campaign's thread, only to be responded to with sheer unprofessionalism, immaturity and slandering behaviour.

Perhaps that's the real outburst that Mr. Barron should be looking for. ;)

35 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

Much appreciated and you are entirely correct.

I would also like to add, as I feel necessary, that I was willing to have a mature discussion with the leader of the Unified party and even complimented him on his recent increase in effort and work done to his campaign's thread, only to be responded to with sheer unprofessionalism, immaturity and slandering behaviour.

Perhaps that's the real outburst that Mr. Barron should be looking for. ;)

I am not "looking" for any outburst. I would probably go as far to say that I probably would have had a similar reaction as he did if I was removed from the polls, no matter the reasoning. He had voters. He should have never been removed. It's as simple as that. 

However, what I would not have done, is directly called someone insane because they are role playing an animal. Privately, perhaps I would, but publicly it seems to be more of a direct attack. I will acknowledge you you did at least address the name calling in your response above. Though I may not understand it (or even agree with it), I don't see the harm in a person role playing a lion being the Governor as long as their policies are fair and can maintain order and balance in a way that everyone agrees with. 

The real question I'd be asking myself in your position is, "How is a pretend lion beating me so badly in the polls?" It seems the people would rather have Simba's brother in office rather than you. Rather interesting isn't it?

Edited by ColeBarron
  • ver.1.22474487139 1

7 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

It simply says; "Poll closes on 11/03/2017 at 04:20 PM" on the bottom right of the poll, but NanoSpace says it will end on the 6th.

The poll is being redone so all this drama can finally end, it's on the thread November Poll

• ver.1.22474487139 1

6 minutes ago, Identity_Party_Data said:

The poll is being redone so all this drama can finally end, it's on the thread November Poll

I hate to be annoying at all but if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you please tag me in that thread?

I can't seem to find it. I've used the search bar. Is it not yet created?

14 minutes ago, BrianHamilton said:

I hate to be annoying at all but if it wouldn't be too much trouble, could you please tag me in that thread?

I can't seem to find it. I've used the search bar. Is it not yet created?

It's one of the top posts on the podium 

On 03/11/2017 at 4:39 PM, Micky_Tohmpson said:

When will the next pole start?

It already has, it's the November Poll (Redo)

Everyone, the poll has been closed and started on the thread November Poll (Redo)