Bushido0

Will they do it?

Will they make it?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. The Town Square Module's release date is supposed to be announced this month, there's only a few days left, is this lie by the Identity team, or will they actually get something done for once?

• The release date will be announced before the end of this month.
    • The release date will be announced, but not this month.
    • The game will never be released. And neither will the module
    • They will surprise us all and release the Town Square Module in it's entirety this month.

The devs promised to announce the release date this month for the Town Square module, I'm not pining for it, I am just curious whether or not they'll actually go through with it. I am not saying it's too late either, the most logical time would be around Haloween, or at the very end of the month, but that's closing in. That's why I thought I'd make a poll, what do you guys and ladies think? I think it'd be a very bad move for them to postpone announcing the release date with so many people sceptical about them already, another lie will not service their cause...

• Like 3

I can understand the tenseness of this wait, I really hope they can get the information they need to make the decision in time to make the deadline they made for themselves. I believe this game is real, but in the past they have made claims to certain deadlines, and when they passed they didn't bring it up, which is a bit sad to see. I want them to prove me and everyone else with worries wrong this time, but as they say "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me"

• Like 1

Its gonna be a slog, but my guess is they push the modules off as far as possible apart to only when resources (funding) gets tight and they need another infusion of cash from hype. They are a real company, with real people working through real challenges with each task taking a  some investment of time, in turn money. No one wants them to release some bugged out garbage where everything looks nice but nothing works.

This in the age of streamers and youtube, the optics of a projects potential, developer competency, and gameplay are amplified so much with massive audiences watching streams and videos of all "early access" games and either supporting them or writing them off and to a huge audience with an echo chamber to follow. I'm sure the team understands this, and my guess as to why they play their cards very close to their chest. 

Releasing a module that doesn't showcase the game in the way they want it to be perceived will be a big financial hit to their development  fundraising( In an interview i heard the total team Is around 30 people including freelancers). I don't see them, at this point, in any rush to release a module until internally it's been heavily tested and debugged.

Keeping in mind backers were promised beta access, and alpha comes first. I'm optimistic, but in no real rush, we all know how fun the game is going to be anyway, and from the standard they set with their altis life servers, i have no reason to doubt. On time, maybe, fun as he'll, definitely.

• Like 1

I truly do believe they will announce the release date this month, now, that could be today, or it could be on October 31st at 11:59. After watching the development VODs, the devs really do seem like they are cracking down and trying to get a release date out this month. Especially with the new hires and the new studio, these guys are really starting to get efficient! I have faith!

I was wondering, when the release date gets announced, will the identity devs increase de passport price or they will wait until the TS module release? :^)

49 minutes ago, Lexan said:

I was wondering, when the release date gets announced, will the identity devs increase de passport price or they will wait until the TS module release? :^)

Not sure that soon, but when Town Square gets released the store prices are meant to go up and certain things you can get now will no longer be available.  Sorry if i didn't exactly answer your question 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Dominic_ said:

Not sure that soon, but when Town Square gets released the store prices are meant to go up and certain things you can get now will no longer be available.  Sorry if i didn't exactly answer your question 

You did thanks ;^)

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lexan said:

You did thanks ;^)

I did a bit more looking and it looks like it will be when Town Module comes out the prices will go up :) I think it's from one of the gaming dev streams they do.  Thanks for the like on my other comment by the way, much appreciated :D

The game will never be released. And neither will the module

To the people who voted this, if you truly feel this way, why are you still here? Why are you active on the forum? Why don't you refund and go look at another game? I have a few suggestions on games you can wait for that I also am waiting for:

Clicking on the name will take you to the designated website.

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ExactAkatsuki said:

To the people who voted this, if you truly feel this way, why are you still here? Why are you active on the forum? Why don't you refund and go look at another game? I have a few suggestions on games you can wait for that I also am waiting for:

Clicking on the name will take you to the designated website.

Thanks for the games to check out, I am so excited for Star Citizen. I put that answer there for a reason, and there are a lot of people on this forum who think that way, and I think they deserve to be heard too. I, myself, chose that it will be announced, but not this month.

I am a little concerned about the one vote for "They will surprise us all and release the Town Square Module in its entirety this month." though.

Edited by Bushido0

22 hours ago, Bushido0 said:

I am a little concerned about the one vote for "They will surprise us all and release the Town Square Module in its entirety this month." though.

It's already been said on stream and in Discord that it will be announced October 31st or September 1st  which is why I voted

The release date will be announced, but not this month.

• Like 1