So i was reading Motowns Message about how John is finishing up something but how long does it take to like a make an object such as furniture like develop it new and fresh from the modelling what time approximately?

@Motown Also in the future will the snow be on roads and have affects on how we drive the roads textures seem for a graphics card of 1070 or 1080 but they are amazing for anyone who didnt seeCimFnHBWsAAuvmi.jpg

Please can you refrain from cluttering the forum with posts like these. Give the devs the time and space they need. The video will be out when it is ready. There is no need to keep pestering the devs and posting things like this on the forums.

• Like 4

Im not asking for the video im asking how long does it take to develop a new model of a 3d object i was only asking that not the video dont get confused. Also i rarely put posts like these so yh sorry for any other trouble

It really depends on the model, it can be very simple or very complex. Also, every model needs texturing and that actually takes quite a bit of time. The video should be out pretty soon, but unfortunately that's all we can say as there isn't a specific date yet. 

• Like 2

We typically have a 2 week deadline for 3d assets, but don't tell our artists that! That's more than enough time to complete anything we task them with, and we usually get stuff back from the artist much sooner. Simple assets like props may take less than a day, with clothing pieces ranging from 3-5 days from start to finish. If it requires sculpting in ZBrush, it inherently takes longer because the process includes the hi-poly mesh and low-poly re-topology. And if it requires rigging, skinning, and animation, it could take much longer.

Experienced 3d artists might read this and think we're pretty slow though. 

• Like 8